Multiparameter assessment of the properties and function of cells of the immune system:
Surface staining of phenotypes (markers on cells and intracellular antigens) by the technique of multi-parameter flow cytometry - work with freshly isolated lymphocytes and blood monocytes, cultured cells (including cell lines).
a) lymphocytes isolated from blood:
- ability to proliferation
- susceptibility to apoptosis - measurement of changes in mitochondrial potential, assessment of surface phosphatidylserine expression,
- lymphocyte T cytotoxicity and intracellular caspase activity in living cells,
- evaluation of the intracellular activity of calpain proteases,
b) monocytes, granulocytes, macrophages:
- measurement of the ability to phagocytosis and oxygen burst.
Tests in body fluids of secreted cytokines and other active proteins using the CBA method (quantitative flow cytometry) enabling the simultaneous measurement of up to 6 factors in 50 µl of material (material and cost savings compared to the ELISA technique, while maintaining measurement accuracy and assessment of absolute concentration).
- flow cytometers: FACScan ™, FACSArray ™,
- cell sorters: FACSAria III ™ and FACSVerse ™ (Becton Dickinson)
- high-quality Nikon Eclipse Ti-E universal fluorescence microscope
Both scientific cooperation and commercial use is possible, in accordance with Rules of CORE FACILITY labs and access is determined separately for each project in accordance with its specificity.